Today is the last day residents of Holsworthy and Torridge areas can register to vote ahead the upcoming local elections.
Voters from Torridge and Holsworthy have until 11.59pm this evening to register to vote with Torridge District Council, one of 230 local authorities across England holding elections next month.
Last month, The Electoral Commission released a warning to voters, calling on people to make sure they are registered and not to assume they are already; for example, anyone previously on the registered who has recently moved home or whose details have changed will need to register to vote again.
This election will also see the introduction of photographic voter ID. Those who do not have a recognised form of photo ID already, can still register for a free Voter Authority Certificate on the Government website until 5pm on April 25.
More details on the free Voter ID can be found here: www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/voter/voter-id/applying-a-voter-authority-certificate
Accepted forms of photo ID
You can use any of the following accepted forms of photo ID when voting at a polling station.
- Passport issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, an EEA state or a Commonwealth country
Driving and Parking
- Driving licence issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or an EEA state (this includes a provisional driving licence)
- A Blue Badge
- Older Person’s Bus Pass funded by the Government of the United Kingdom
- Disabled Person’s Bus Pass funded by the Government of the United Kingdom
- Oyster 60+ Card funded by the Government of the United Kingdom
- Freedom Pass
- Scottish National Entitlement Card
- 60 and Over Welsh Concessionary Travel Card
- Disabled Person’s Welsh Concessionary Travel Card
- Senior SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
- Registered Blind SmartPass or Blind Person’s SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
- War Disablement SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
- 60+ SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
- Half Fare SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
Proof of age
- Identity card bearing the Proof of Age Standards Scheme hologram (a PASS card)
Other government issued documents
- Biometric immigration document
- Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card)
- National identity card issued by an EEA state
- Electoral Identity Card issued in Northern Ireland
- Voter Authority Certificate
- Anonymous Elector's Document
You will only need to show one form of photo ID. It needs to be the original version and not a photocopy.