TWO appliances were mobilised following a residential fire in Bude yesterday (May 2). 

The fire, at Ashton, Poughill was reported at around 6.15am.  

Following reports, appliances from Bude and Delabole attended the incident. 

The fire was in a detached property measuring approximately six metres by five metres. 

 The blaze was located in a cupboard containing an emersion heater on the first floor which was well alight.  

A spokesperson from Cornwall Fire and Rescue said: “Crews used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel, one safety jet and thermal image camera to extinguish the fire.      “The roof space of the property was thoroughly checked for fire spread and hotspots using thermal image camera.”